Greetings one and all. It's been too long since my last post and so I thought I'd get back in the habit! I've been travelling around quite a lot recently and there are so many recipes I want to share with you. This one is simple but tastes SOOO GOOD! I tried a similar dish in Spring Restaurant in Somerset House and it haunted me for weeks, in a very good way. You know when you just can't stop thinking about something you've eaten? And then last week in Tinos, Greece when we were shooting for Bon Appetite Magazine I had this - braised courgettes on flat bread. They're extremely easy to make but take a little time. The idea of braising courgettes was a bit alien to me until then but once you try these you'll want the courgettes as an accompaniment to EVERYTHING.
Serves 4 (as a side dish or on toast as a light lunch)
6 sprigs of Thyme
50g-100g grated parmesan
- Slice courgettes thinly (2mm thick)
- In a medium hot pan add the courgettes along with the thyme
- Saute for around 30 minutes until the courgettes are soft. Be careful when moving around the pan as you don't want to break them too much but you want to cook them as long as possible without them getting to a mush.
- Add the grated parmesan towards the end of the cooking and mix carefully through the courgettes
- Serve on toasted flat bread (I used Turkish side in the picture) rubbed with garlic or as a side to a nice steak